As an attorney with deep experience in the temporary staffing industry, Nathan S. Gibson works to help clients mitigate risks, improve compliance and navigate complex legal requirements.
Nathan S. Gibson's Bio:
I am dedicated to improving bottom-line profitability by coordinating business and legal objectives to achieve exceptional results while maintaining compliance and mitigating risks. I develop business strategies, plans and procedures that result in improved operations, profitability and compliance.
I have unique expertise in temporary staffing and independent contractor compliance. I focus on driving continuous improvements, increasing compliance and reducing risks. I have delivered savings by using innovative approaches to solve business challenges. .
I would like to connect with you, so please send me an invitation on LInkedIn at Nathan S. Gibson.
Please join more than 10K others following him on Twitter @NathanSGibson
Nathan lives in Newton with his wife, Ellen Gibson, two children, and two dogs.
Nathan contributes to the following blogs:
- Employee or Independent Contractor
- Grit, Initiative and Creative Problem Solving
- Job Search Infographics
- Nathan S. Gibson collects and shares content about influence and persuasion
- Nathan S. Gibson collects and shares content about personal branding
Articles written by Nathan S. Gibson
- Top Independent Contractor Stories from 2017
- Self Employment Begins with Your Mindset: Are You Ready to Make the Leap?
- Five Ways Employers Can Better Manage Contingent Workers
- the right to control is the wrong standard for determining employment status
- The Fair Labor Standards Act: an Rx for classifying independent workers?
- the independent contractor: a look at the changing workforce
- Declaring Independent Workers: Nathan Gibson Randstad Sourceright - You Better Watch Out, You Better Comply. We're Going to Tell You Why in this Podcast -- On TPR today is Nathan Gibson, Vice President of Payrolling and Contractor Solutions at Randstad Sourceright. Nathan wrote an article for the May issue of HRO Today Magazine titled Declaring Independent Workers.
- Declaring Independent Workers | HRO Today - Human Resource Outsourcing Today Avoid worker misclassification with these six steps.
Nathan S. Gibson's Experience:
Senior Director, Risk Managemennt at MBO Partners, Inc.December 2016 - Present | Herndon, VA
* Draft and negotiate professional service contracts, license agreements, and nondisclosure agreements to mitigate risks and meet business objectives. * Support account management teams when negotiating contracts * Partner with internal teams to implement contract requirements * Maintain client and vendor contracts * Lead Service Organizations Controls 2 (SOC 2) Type 2 audit * Lead efforts to comply with General Data Protections Regulations (GDPR) * Draft policies to ensure compliance with legal requirements * Support responses to vendor risk and security questionnaires * Continuously improve contracts, policies, and processes
Vice President, Independent Contractor Compliance at Randstad SourcerightJune 2013 - December 2016 | Woburn, MA
• Lead team in classification of self-employed consultants, freelancers and independent contractors • Mitigate clients’ risks of worker misclassification • Develop appropriate Independent Contractor Compliance Solutions for Fortune 500 clients that fit their specific needs • Communicate benefits of Independent Contractor Compliance Solutions to clients and internal business partners, serving as a resource and adviser surrounding Independent Contractor Compliance issues • Ensure proper classification of clients’ independent contractors and provide regulatory and legislative monitoring • Assist clients and business partners understand the complexity of shifting to non-traditional labor while providing a high-level of worker and stakeholder satisfaction
Vice President, Operations at Randstad ProfessionalsMarch 2010 - June 2013 | Woburn, MA
• Developed and implemented Independent Contractor classification policy for contingent labor • Introduced standardized review of independent contractors to reduce clients’ risk and ensure compliance with IRS, DOL and state guidelines • Managed operating budget of $3M and staff of 56; led team in processing weekly payroll and billing for temporary employees and independent contractors
Vice Pesident, Operations at Randstad Managed ServicesMarch 2007 - March 2010 | Woburn, Ma
• Created and implemented independent contractor evaluation process to accurately classify workers as employees or independent contractors • Led team in execution of Independent Contractor evaluations • Guided several operational efficiency improvements, streamlining processes and improving payment accuracy • Decreased operating expenses by 32% year over year
Director, Solutions Implementation at Vedior North AmericaFebruary 2002 - March 2007 | Wakefield, MA
• Drove software implementations to enhance operational efficiency • Led implementation and conversion teams to ensure all implementation project budgets and timelines were met • Voted “Person Who Inspires Others And Is A Natural Leader” by colleagues and management
Senior Manager, External Payroll at Select Appointments North AmericaMarch 1998 - February 2002 | Wakefield, MA
• Developed Independent Contractor questionnaire and evaluation process to classify employees and independent contractors appropriately for clients • Managed team of 25 employees accountable for processing payroll and billing for temporary employees and independent contractors • Researched IRS regulations and requirements to develop policies to improve compliance • Generated over $500K in savings through improvement of unemployment claims processing
Nathan S. Gibson's Education:
Boston University School of LawJ.D., Magna Cum Laude
Harvard CollegeCum Laude
Nathan S. Gibson's Interests & Activities:
Education, New England Patriots, Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins, local politics